Matthew and I are expecting a baby in late January. Lately we’ve been busy gathering the material goods we’ll need to welcome this new soul into the world. If you would like to help us with our efforts, you’ve come to the right place, and we are deeply grateful. We’ve decided to wait to find out the sex of the baby until the birth, so gender neutral colours are ideal, especially cream and ivory.
We have set up a registry with warmth and weather which is a company owned by Arlene Thorn based out of Thunder Bay. She’s really nice! Engel, Hocosa and Disana are all German or Swiss companies specializing in really sensible, durable and warm children’s clothing made from natural fabrics.
When something is ordered off of the Warmth and Weather website it is automatically marked as purchased so that others don’t purchase the same item. If you plan to purchase something below, please let us know and we’ll mark it as claimed.
- Any Weleda Baby Toiletries, doesn’t matter if a few women bring these gifts
- Small hot water bottle with cover
- Changing Pad
- Disana Organic Baby Blanket
- Disana Organic Receiving Blanket
Shops to visit in Toronto
870 Kingston Rd
Baby on the Hip
969 Queen St E
Things we already have
- Crib and mattress (thanks to Nina and Gran)
- Cloth diapers, liners and covers (thanks to David and Alison)
- Moses Basket (thanks to Lea Philpott and Nancy – aka “Mom” – Feagan)
- Newborn carseat (thanks to Rasa and Arunas)
- Stroller/pram (thanks to Rasa and Arunas)
- Nursing Pillow (thanks to Rasa and Arunas)
- Toys (Elissa has been running a home daycare all year, so we really don’t need any toys)